Sunday, October 12, 2008

PersonalSA: He's NOT a superhero, though. That part was a joke.

Superhero P.I. seeks Rockstar crimefighter - 26 (Manchester)

So first off, I'm not in any way a superhero. I apologize if I've offended you by luring you into my ad under false pretenses. Second, I'm not really looking for a supermodel rocker who knows 8 forms of martial arts and uses them to fight crime while running her ethically clean pharmaceutical company. If that's you and you're reading this ad, nothing against you I'm sure you're pretty awesome, but if you manage to do all that without fostering a sense of self-entitlement that demands the immediate and total fealty of every person bearing a Y chromosome... well I hate to break this to you but you're fictional. Discuss this further with your alien psychotherapist sidekick.

Don't ask me how I wrote an entire paragraph on a lame comic book joke, apparently if I start something with the term "superhero" I just can't stop myself. I'd really like to meet a woman someone who is kind and warm while still strong enough to not let life kick her around. I'm really active and have alot of different interests which include philosophy/spirituality, mountain biking, dogs, motorcycles, sailing, interior decoration (don't go wild with this one), the law and politics, the art and science of intimacy and cuddling, ultimate frisbee, karaoke, and fiction... ok so I really do enjoy comic books. I'm also tall, romantic, in good shape and can fly (that last one was a joke, I already said I'm NOT a superhero)

You might be asking yourself, "why is he posting on here then?" and my response to that would be something along the lines, "I don't know how the universe connects people, but I still believe that it does (source of endless debate that I would be happy to engage in). So to shut down one open avenue of connection would seem to be a little foolish." If you're looking for someone who can not only keep up, but challenge you to go further while still appreciating you for being yourself, we're probably looking for each other.




No comments: