Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Oprahma

So Obama won my state, which I suppose entitles me to gloat (what with having voted for him and all)--but the truth is that I would support Clinton if she won the nomination, with little reservation.

I only wish this war would end AND that we would get universal health care. It's hard to decide between these apples and oranges, and frankly, I'll be glad to have a chance to support whomever and then lobby her or him for a change on whichever views I don't like.

I wonder how much Oprah's endorsement helped Obama's cause. She is, after all, the most powerful person in the world. If he gets the nomination and then the presidency, he'll be starting out with a global streed cred we haven't seen since (President Bill) Clinton, and I suspect that Oprah's coming out on Obama's side will have played a large part in that.

No comments: