Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Special Features Commentary: Calendarsthenics on CU

Well, all, on the eve of failing for a second month to do all I tacitly promised to do here on CU, I decided my first month of meeting my post-number goals should end with a listing of all I haven't done, and more.

Over the last eight months or so, I've built up a set of expectations that have slowly congealed and eventually hardened into requirements for CU. You may have sensed the presence of these internal regulations already, but thanks to my not always following them, you might have figured they were more like guidelines than rules.

You were wrong. They're rules. I just keep breaking them.

So as to keep your scorecard more accurately riddled with my errors, and to cleanse my guilt over not posting a movie review for two months in a row, now, here's what you can expect from CU, both in the past and in the future.

Remember, though, the telos of Continue Unprotected: My posting a schedule of events is just as likely to cause me to aspire to offend you by continually flouting it as it is to keep me on task.

Posting frequency: I expect myself to post two items a day, ideally one long and one short.

Type of post, and frequency:

Once a week: At least one PSA and one Local Trivia; SYD reviews in season

Twice a month: Confessions

Once a month: Movie Review, In Defense of Poppery, Quantifiable Living, Accusations, Unsolicited Advice, New word, something involving Freud, something involving my personal life or family

Special features, to be posted as inspired: Phrases That Never Help, Mix CD lists, Carte Blanche answers

Anyone who wants to count up the percentage of this schedule I've stuck to and give me some kind of score is welcome to.

Just don't tell me about it.

1 comment:

Curious Monk said...

weekly cycle over here on curious monk: two cliff notes, two church features, one question, one editorial, one day off.

the scary part? didn't have to plan it. just happened that way.

my superpower may well be my ability to turn absolutely anything into a boring-ass routine. and then like it.