Friday, September 19, 2008

PSA: New feature debuts on Continue Unprotected!

"Quantifiable Living" will be a new feature on CU, intended to help you streamline your life, adding efficiency and the ability to quantify the previously unquantifiable.

Anyone who would like a previously unquantifiable emotion, concept or material quantified for greater success in all areas of life, please comment or send an email detailing the idea or item to be quantified.

Eventually, all aspects of life will be able to be expressed as data, making communication easier and more fun!

3 comments:

villanellegirl said...

This reminds me of that new gum commercial on TV right now. I can't remember the brand (yeah, real effective advertising what's-yer-name gum exec), but it quantifies the gum's citrus flavor experience by expressing it through what looks like a ginormous juicer/futuristic torture device. Do you know the one I'm talking about?

jenny d said...

I would like the following quantified:

The dissatisfaction with one's life situation (which could include such factors as job, community (in the sense of where one lives and what is available there and the degree to which one can be involved in the goings on of such place), social life, family, health, situatedness in relation to future goals, etc.

In essence, how does one measure a quarter-life crisis?

Such quantifiable data would be used to more efficiently weigh decisions to enact changes to the contributing factors, (i.e., which factor is contributing the most to the current level of dissatisfaction and should be changed/eliminated?)

Any system which enables the user to project any potential decrease in dissatisfaction over a period of time would also be helpful.

Alicia said...

Sorry, vilanellegirl -- though you *represent* (fist pump) my favorite kind of poem, TV is not currently my fave medium. As in, I never watch it. Actually, SYD this summer was the only time I turned on the TV for months -- and I haven't watched anything since.

Jenny, I will work on that scale for next month's QL and post it as soon as I have come up with the perfect units of measure, which is inevitable.

We don't need to quantify how awesome I am, because the answer can be expressed in percents and time: 100%, all the time.