Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Today, 3/3/09, in numbers

Number of independent comic book shops I visited today: 1

Number of independent comic book shops I planned to visit: 2

Number of days early the Matt & Kim “Grand” album arrived from Amazon: 1

Number of times I said “yesss” on seeing the Amazon package on my porch: 2

Number of times I said “yay!” on seeing the CD: 1

Number of attempts with scissors to get plastic wrap off CD: 3

Approximate number of times I listened to “Lessons Learned” between ordering “Grand” and receiving it: 30

Track time for “Lessons Learned”: 3:34

Approximate number of hours I listened to “Lessons Learned” between ordering “Grand” and receiving it: 2.25

Number of hours I spent at the newspaper: 4

Number of net words I added to my column while there: 105

Number of emails I wrote: 5

Number of interoffice messages I sent: 1

Approximate number of minutes it takes my 12-cup rice cooker to make rice: 20

Number of minutes it feels like it’s taking: 100,000

Number of inches of snow on my dead-end street: 1

Number of inches of snow on the well-traveled street off of which is my dead-end street: 0

Number of inches of snow, at its deepest, in the middle of the newspaper parking lot: 4

Number of inches of snow, at its most shallow, in the middle of the newspaper parking lot: 1

Average amount of snow, in inches, in the middle of the newspaper parking lot: 2.5

Number of times Betty slipped on the snow going in and out of the newspaper parking lot: 3

Number of episodes of Sports Night I watched before 6 p.m.: 1

Minimum number of episodes of Sports Night I plan to watch after 6 p.m.: 7

Number of meals eaten today provided by P.C.: 1

Number of meals eaten today involving dairy foods: 2

Number of different types of dairy accounted for: 3

Estimated percentage of my dishes currently dirty: 68

Number of “I Helped Save 69 Main Street” buttons I got today: 1

Number of reporters through whose hands the button passed before reaching me: 2

Amount of money and hours of volunteering I donated to the effort to save 69 Main Street, combined, in dollar-hours: 0

Number of seconds it took for me to affix the “I Helped Save 69 Main Street” button to my hoodie: 12

1 comment:

The Crabby Hiker said...

Yay, Sports Night! Hope you're still enjoying it!