Friday, March 13, 2009

PSA: Decolumnized?

Well, faithful readers (all three of you), my weekly op/ed column may have been discontinued -- not, I think, due to the comments I'd only now gotten to responding to, but thanks to a change in editorship.

There are any number of reasons this may have happened, all of them political, and none of them interesting enough to recount here.

You can see my last column, if it is my last, on my column blog. This is like a bonus for you, CU readers, since it has not run in the actual newspaper.

I mainly feel bad for the three comic book shop owners who talked to me for the info on this column. I feel less bad for myself, as almost a year's worth of weekly column writing has left me with a respectable freelance portfolio, I think, if I chose to continue being a freelance writer, and has drained my previously deep well of things I wanted to tell everybody.

And now I'll have time to go back to my first love: the legitimate theater.

Or, er, Continue Unprotected.

Where I can tell you all what I think all the time, uncensored.

Rock on, my three friends. Rock on.

2 comments:

Carl Yost said...

Where is the rent? I must have the rent! Pennies, dimes and nickels, I need them all right nooooooow...

Oh yeah, I can pick up what you're laying down.

The Crabby Hiker said...

Fame was like a drug. But what was even more like a drug were the drugs.