Friday, August 29, 2008

Local Trivia: Hot wax women.

Yesterday, I went to the Mashantucket Pequot Museum and Research Center, where I saw the most lifelike human figures I've ever seen. I don't know whether they were made of wax or some other material -- despite my fixing my gaze on one Pequot man in a canoe for two minutes to see if he would take a breath.

Thanks in part to my recent weight loss as well as the intrinsic interest in seeing topless women whatever your gender or sexual preference, I spent much of my time staring at the breasts of the half-naked, historically accurate fake Pequot women. This activity led me to draw two conclusions, either of which would explain the almost preternatural perfection of these women:
1. The same model posed for all the Pequot women's bodies, and the sculptor, who had never seen a National Geographic in his (it had to be a man) life, made some allowance for age -- but not much.

2. Had they lived today, Pequot women with their indomitable genes would be to a woman shopping for C/C+ intimate apparel and remain gravity-defyingly "perky" well past motherhood, even into their Tribal Elder Council years.

No comments: