Saturday, January 3, 2009

PSA: Ten albums and two tracks that changed my life (in 2008)

In alphabetical order:

El-P's I'll Sleep When You're Dead

Good's Good EP

Interpol's Our Love to Admire

Los Abandoned's Mixtape

Modest Mouse's Good News for People Who Love Bad News

Peter Gabriel's So

Radiohead's OK Computer

The National's Boxer

Tilly and the Wall's O

White Stripes' Icky Thump


Single tracks that changed my life:

Cassettes Won't Listen's "Small Answering Machine"

Matt & Kim's "Daylight"


Albums I expect to change my life in 2009:

Kanye West's 808 & Heartbreak

The Dandy Warhols' Welcome to the Monkey House

You Say Party! We Say Die!'s Lose All Time

2 comments:

villanellegirl said...

I hope you're being ironic with your Kanye West pick...

Alicia said...

"All I got is my cribs," though, Deb. "All I got is my cribs."

I think "RoboCop" is hilarious, though predictably and egregiously misogynist. The "robo-sound" of some easily identifiable factory machine (a riveter?) and the symphonic, major-chord background to the chorus is, I think, genius.

Stripped-down Kanye is interesting. And I don't always have to love the albums that change my life.