Saturday, January 10, 2009

PSA: CL & me

So I posted a personal ad on Craigslist in the pursuit of more local people to hang out with, Thursday night. Here's what it said:

Hey. That's me on the left in the pedestrian walkway photo, in blue. [Two photos included; thanks for this one, J-net.]

So some stuff about me: I work part-time in direct care human services and volunteer much of the rest of the time – when I’m not filling out grad school applications – wherever I’m needed and can learn something new. I’ve lived in
foreign countries (England and China) and would again. I have a degree in English (writing) and am using it as a freelance writer.

I’m told that I’m funny, and cute, and I tend to immerse myself in things that interest me. Right now I’m into newspapers and traditional/digital media,
independent or non-mainstream music (Interpol, Modest Mouse, Matt & Kim,
Cassettes Won’t Listen, El-P), and comic books. I’ve always been into movies and reading. I love road trips.

I’m not going to be here forever; I plan on moving to Boston, or if I have
to, New York, in a few months, so I’m not looking for anything long-term right
now. I’m also not looking to “hook up,” and I’m serious about that. I'm just
interested in meeting new people.

I don’t drink, smoke or do any drugs.

I’d like to spend time with someone who has a sense of humor and
intelligence, curiosity about the world and a willingness to look for answers to
those questions. A common interest would give us something to talk about/do, but
I’m also eager to learn more about almost any subject and would gladly listen or
join in on most new things – though I am a spectator rather than participant when it comes to organized sports, games, and dancing.

I’m not looking to be impressed with elegant dinners out or “romance”; I’m happier at a coffee place, hanging out at home or doing something interesting. I’m honest and sometimes awkward, but I get better the longer you know me.

I'll keep you posted on the responses I've gotten and how they work out.

No comments: