Sunday, August 23, 2009

PSA: Come on, lucky 28!

It seems 28 should be lucky. It's divisible by 7 and 4, which are both lucky numbers (except in Chinese, where 4 means "death").

But it pretty much just feels like nothing...there's just more "late" in the "mid-to-late-twentysomething." 29 is a prime number -- you're alone, independent, indivisible. But 28 seems friendly and inviting, able to be split by odd or even, a nice amalgamation of all influences and more basic premises (or numbers).

It's still a safe two years from 30, also...and it's not 30 itself that's the problem, I realized when I woke up this morning: It's 36 and 37 and 39. They're in there with the thirties. Some things in my life will be absolutely resolved by then. I'll be half-my-life old, at least.

But for now, 28 seems good.

2 comments:

Christina Borel said...

I had similar thoughts about turning 28. :)

jenny d said...

You'll have to let me know if it's better than 27.