Saturday, February 14, 2009

PSA: Friday the 13th, dumplings in numbers

Number of people at the dumpling party: 6

Number of additional people possibly coming: 5

Number of those additional people I assumed were bleeding out in a parking lot somewhere: 1

Number of the potentially bleeding people who were actually napping: 1

Pounds of ground pork used for dumpling mix: 1.97

Pounds of ground pork thrown away thanks to freezer burn and mysterious "Sell by May 20" (year unmarked): 1.47

Cups of Chinese cabbage used for dumpling mix: 5

Number of ingredients I chopped up for dumpling mix: 2

Number of ingredients I minced: 2

Number of packages of A Dong jiaozi wrappers used to wrap these dumplings: 2.7

Number of dumplings consumed last night: ??

Number of dumplings I likely consumed: about 10

Number of dumplings leftover in the pot after everyone was full: 1

Number of dumplings made from leftover mix, wrapped by me at 8 o'clock this morning: 66

Number of those dumplings I pan-friend for brunch: 16

Number of dumplings left after that, for those bad at math: 50

Number of meals I can get out of 50 leftover dumplings: 4-5

No comments: