Monday, February 23, 2009

Local Trivia: "That's how I was raised, and I turned out TV."

Apparently, Fox 61 news did a story on the Journal-Register Company's recent declaration of bankruptcy -- using what I can only hope is old B-roll footage of the Herald and Bristol Press newspapers, which are no longer owned by JRC, and not using any footage, old or new, of The Middletown Press, which is still owned by JRC.

I'm not sure what more a viewer can expect of the station that brought us an expose on "girls kissing girls" thanks, they claimed, to Katy Perry's hit song "I Kissed a Girl," which amounted to not much more than an excuse to show, in multiple speeds, all the video imagery they had of New Haven girls kissing other girls, probably on cameraman request.

But I'm told that my front-page tease photo looked good on camera, and now, having reached that pinnacle of simulacra ("on the newspaper on TV"), I "can't help but wonder" -- if the camera adds ten pounds, does print subtract it, somehow?

The only other example of this I can think of is seeing Carrie Bradshaw on the side of a bus on an episode of SatC, but Sarah Jessica Parker is so skinny as to make it impossible to guess her weight in any form: "No, less than that" is my only possible response to any stab at figuring her poundage.

If any of you have seen a picture of yourself shown on TV, feel free to weigh in, here.

Ha ha.

No comments: