Sunday, July 20, 2008

Go ahead, TAKE me (for all I'm worth).

According to an ad appearing at the top of my email inbox, "thieves don't have to steal your mail anymore."

Oh good, I thought. But there was more.

"They get it hand delivered."

The ad went on to say that the company could alert me when thieves began having my mail forwarded to another address -- but that's where they lost me.

If anyone goes to all the trouble of having my embarrassing list of magazine subscriptions -- which includes U.S. News & World Report (because they sent me a free watch with a year's subscription) -- forwarded, more power to them. I mean, I don't read those things anyway.

And if they do it for the sake of breaking into my bank account? Well, they're going to need those magazines to heat their houses come winter, because you can't get blood from a stone...or money from a neo-hippie.

No comments: