Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Purse line: Post

These are made of Washington Post issues that I actually brought with me from D.C. when I moved (many thanks and apologies to those who helped me move...).

These purses are made from the Post January 1-3, 2007.


It's hard to see the weaving on the first purse (above), but it's larger and more obvious on the second one (below), which is also a smaller purse. These are front views.


The "beads" that make up the strap are also made of the same papers (i.e., the Post for the Post line, the Phoenix for the Phoenix, etc).

This second Post purse is the only one I've done a 3-2 bead strap on. All the others are 2-2...if you can see what I'm saying. (The second purse's strap is thicker.) I decided 3-2 wasn't necessarily a structural advantage, though someone might find it more aesthetically pleasing.

And the bottom of purse 2...

And the back of purse 2.


Gerald Ford died during the days these papers were put out -- so somewhere in these purses is his obituary.

1 comment:

BK said...

Sweeeeet! I love it.