Friday, March 21, 2008

CGU continues to leer.

Since I decided Wednesday that I would refuse the advances of CGU toward making me one of their L.A.-orbiting, culture-studying acolytes, I've felt the acceptance hanging on my shoulders like a drunken lecher at a bar.

Today I got the financial aid document in the mail, but not the acceptance packet. It's like said barfly pulled out his wallet to show a wad of fives, oblivious to the fact that I am not interested at all, money or no -- and that it's not even enough money to brag about. It's not convincing that they'll give me a third-tuition fellowship when the annual price tag is well over $30K, and it's a five-year degree.

I mean, I'm flattered and all, but at this point, all I want is the exit.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

does this mean that our road trip is off? sigh. -guess who?! (trying on a new name!?)

Alicia said...

NO.

Never assume that a road trip is off. I'll let you know if by some heinous act of god I can't go on the road trip, but until that time, assume it's on. Always assume it's on.

Also, I'll try harder to offend you in the future.