Friday, March 7, 2008

Categorically speaking, I'm nothing.

When I first took the Meyers-Briggs personality test, I was designated an ESTJ. When I took it again three years later, I was an INFP – the exact opposite of my original designation. I asked the scorer what that meant for my personality, but she only kept repeating that it couldn’t happen.

By some star charts, my birthday makes me a Leo; by others, I am a Virgo. These signs are generally acknowledged to be opposites.

On a “right brain/left brain” inventory in biology class, I scored an equal number for left and right brain-edness. My teacher insisted that this was not possible, and was somehow not convinced by my argument that there were an even number of questions if you eliminated the drawing of a dog. (Whichever way the dog faces, right or left, supposedly indicates which hemisphere is dominant; I had drawn the dog facing me, straight ahead, which was completely neutral.)

No comments: