Tuesday, April 21, 2009

PSQ: NWhy me?

I got an email today from NYU, and after the initial shock and confusion of hearing from a university that had rightly rejected me, probably for hating their city so much, I was horrified to discover they'd offered to let me move my application over into an interdisciplinary higher degree program.

Luckily, P.C. was here to keep me from hyperventilating -- I've already made this choice, why is the universe against me in this? -- and to ask if there was any money involved.

"Probably!" I said sorrowfully.

But then I looked closer. It was a M.A. program they were saying I could apply to -- and most of those cost money. So probably not.

Phew.

"Well, I guess I don't have to worry about it," I said, and put the matter of NYU aside once again...just like those kids at the end of every Nightmare on Elm St. movie who think they've finally defeated Freddy Kruger this time.