Friday, April 1, 2011

Update: 20x11 New Year's Resolution

For those of you who may have been keeping close track of my New Year's resolutions, distressed at the lack of information gathered on how I've been following up on those -- due probably to your not living within binocular-distance of my apartment, in tandem with me not posting anything on it here -- I'm happy to report my progress.

In terms of the rest of the stuff, there's not much progress -- I mean, I have tried to find a new job, I've gotten rid of a bookshelf's worth of books (though not all the ones I've marked to be culled), and I'm preparing for a themed party by "renting" plates from the Goodwill (that is, buying them with the intention of re-donating after the party), so if anyone wants to come, you're all totally invited -- but I think we all knew which resolution would be right in my wheelhouse, anyway.

Perhaps I should have resolved something related to the use of dashes to set off long parentheticals. But it's too late now.

The resolution in question: "I will watch 52 seasons of TV."

I'm happy to report that I am now just over halfway through this resolution, having just finished watching Weeds (s6). I'll post the 27 seasons of TV I've watched since Jan 1 in a separate, dash-free post, and you are all welcome and encouraged to comment.

Just don't say "wow, Alicia, why don't you get a life instead of watching TV all the time," because you were warned in the resolutions, and if you were gonna say something, you should've said it then.

*Note: Also don't go back to the resolutions post and put a comment up there and pretend it was there all along. I'll know.

No comments: