Thursday, April 28, 2011

I'm dating a troll.

[That commercial comes on where the white man falls into the black family's living room couch, and the black woman kind of looks at him and then smiles knowingly.]

Me: "Now, that white hipster guy just drops into that family's living room, and the black family just sits there and the lady is like 'hey, white guy' and just smiles at him. Now imagine if that had been the opposite, and a black guy dropped from the sky into a white family's living room. Would their reaction be the same, just like 'hey, black guy, welcome to the living room'? No it would not."

P.C.: [playing Minecraft, does not respond.] ...

[Half an hour later, same commercial comes on again.]

Me: "See what I mean? See that white guy just fall into that family's living room?"

P.C.: "Hey, do you think that would be different if the white guy was a black guy?"

Me: "Are you trolling me? You better be trolling me. You're either trolling me or we're broken up."

P.C.: [Smiles] "What is trolling?"

Me: "Trolling means I'm gonna punch you in the face. Your choice is I can punch you in the face or we're broken up."

P.C.: [Thinks about it.] "Can it be both?"

Me: [Thinks about it.] "Yes."

No comments: