Tuesday, November 16, 2010

PSA: William J. Vader III is born.

That's right, everybody: I basically have a new computer.

I say basically because in terms of externalia, William J. is the same compu-box (Toshiba Satellite Some-Numbers) I've been using for the last year and a half; but after a thorough-going repair and restore (or "store," since William J. II was always running Vista, and therefore was never fully "with it" to begin with) project run by my very own Prince Certainpersonio, William J. Vader II ceased to be in any relevant sense, and has given way to William J. Vader III, complete with Windows 7 and a new (much bigger) hard drive.

William III, I have to say, is probably the best William yet. He's faster and more capable of getting things done -- in part because my old tagalong/whiner/two-years-expired Norton antivirus is now completely gone and doesn't interrupt everything I try to do (including making formatting changes on a Word document) -- and actually seems significantly friendlier than the old, irascible William.

The end result is that I can now do things like save documents and download pictures from my camera, which may then be put on my blog.

And we all have P.C. to thank...or blame.

Huzzah.

No comments: