Monday, November 8, 2010

Local Trivia: Behold the unicorns!

In search of my "Goodwill items" from a nearby city's Goodwill last week -- that is, the items I'll make stamps of, which will be planted near the Goodwill store I got said items from -- I hit the motherlode.

That's right.

Unicorns.

Not just any unicorns, though: these two identical unicorns, painted on a slant, on mirrors, by a surprisingly talented artist, are simultaneously reminiscent of The Last Unicorn (for those of you who wept at this movie when it was televised in the late 80's) and Charlie the unicorn on his way to Candy Mountain. (To those who wonder how I could have bought these, therefore, I say "Shun the nonbeliever. Shunnnnnnn.")

The first one is obviously an ode to that candy mountain: I call it "happy unicorn."
The second I call, for I think equally obvious reasons, "unicorn in Mordor."
Awesome.




No comments: