Sunday, November 7, 2010

PSA: No time for cameras, we'll use our eyes instead.

P.C. and I, after inexplicably missing Friday's show in New Haven, are going to see Matt & Kim tonight in Rhode Island.

Huzzah! I love going to see Matt & Kim in other states, as you may recall.

I also love it when they have new albums, and though I'm not sure how they could top Grand in terms of albums I loved to hear was out and loved to hear in general, Sidewalks seems like a pretty good next album. The "single," if such a thing exists for the indie scene, appears to be "Cameras," which nicely epitomizes both the hipster-indie aesthetic (and objection to mediation) and the evolution of new-new wave music.

The cover art also lends itself very nicely to carving into a stamp -- say, a commemorative stamp of the going-to-the-show, perhaps to be planted in Rhode Island.

Go listen to the video and be jealous of us.

No comments: