Sunday, November 7, 2010

Local Trivia: Welcome to 4:30 at night

Well, Daylight Savings time shenanigans have hit us again, leaving southern New-Englanders in the dark starting at around 4:30 p.m.

I know it's coming every time, but it's always a strange and confusing experience to look out into the pitch black and then look at the clock and realize it's not even dinner time yet. It's made all the more poignant this year by my letterboxing-related desire to be outside during daylight: darnitol, you Daylight Savings and your time changes, you are messing up my schedule -- and it wasn't that awesome to begin with.

In related news, I wonder if the 9:30 club in D.C. changes its name to "The 8:30 Club" for this portion of the year. Probably not, but I think they should consider it.

No comments: