Monday, November 1, 2010

Local Trivia: Nutmeg-related crisis!

No, the crisis is not a lack of nutmeg, the spice -- after all, I mistakenly bought a second little jar of that last year, even though I'd never used or opened the first one -- but rather a lack of Nutmeg, the local cable access TV station.

It turns out that when I got the internship position I need to graduate this term at Nutmeg TV, that it didn't really exist; it was being granted to me by someone who didn't have the authority to make that decision; the staff member who hired me was fired soon after and left no records of the interview or his agreement to take me on as intern; and it's impossible to do the internship anyway because the station is shut down while they move to a new office. The move won't be finished until mid-December, which is exactly when my term ends.

I found this out today because I emailed said staff member last week asking when I could begin my internship, and indicating that this week would be a good time for me to start.

I have about four weeks to cram in 100 hours of required interning time. And I have no place to cram it.

I've sent frazzled emails to everyone I know who could possibly be or have a media contact; since my focus is on visual studies, it would be nice to intern at a TV station (which is exactly what I was thinking when I sent my resume to Nutmeg).

But at this point, I'm gonna take whatever I can get.

Suggestions are welcome.

No comments: