Sunday, February 14, 2010

PSA: Romance is undead.

P.C. and I are going to continue what will now have become "an annual tradition" for Valentine's Day tonight: a horror movie marathon.

I'm hoping to get into the remake of "House on Haunted Hill," as the Vincent Price version is probably one of my fave horror flicks -- and perhaps "Dead Silence" for melodramatic-macabre, or "Hellboy" for grotesque-heroic, or old videos of Sarah Palin interviews for realistic-terror-inducing (Bazinga!).

There are always the Grindhouse movies, which are pretty awesome. And "Subject 2," which is a quietly horrifying low-budget feature, not least because it's set in an unrelentingly snowy, isolated location. I left "Dawn of the Dead," "Bug," "Killing Zoe," "Talk Radio," and "Unspeakable" (a horror in acting, directing and especially writing) in MA...but I think we'll have enough to keep us amused and unpalatable to the usual Valentine's Day audience.

Speaking of which, before I can get to that, I'll have to go see "Valentine's Day" for work.

I anticipate it will be more horrifying than anything I watch later tonight.

No comments: