Wednesday, December 24, 2008

PSA: White Christmas in numbers

Inches of snow I cleared off my car over the weekend: 18

Number of times I cleared off my car: 5

Number of car headlights currently working: 1

Number of times I thought I might go crazy if I stayed inside another second: 1.76 zillion

Number of times I went to the grocery store just to go somewhere, and spent too much money: 2

Number of times I attempted to go to the mall with Spencer: 1

Number of times I considered turning back due to traffic and road conditions: 17

Number of stores we went to at the mall: 0

Number of stores we went to, outside the mall: 2

Number of items I bought at Barnes & Noble: 0

Number of Thai iced teas I bought at the Asian market: 3

Number of good Thai iced teas I bought at the Asian market: 0

Number of times this year I've thought "I should shop for Christmas presents" and then ended up just ordering something on Amazon: 6

Number of Chrismas songs I've heard on the radio: 0

Number of times I've turned on the radio since November 1: 0

Number of phone conversations in which I told Mom I could drop her off at a department store and pick her up when she called again later: 3

Number of phone conversations in which Mom said I had "an attitude" about taking her to a department store, and that it would be silly for me to go home and come back when I could just stay there with her while she shopped instead, even though I had nothing to do there: 5

Number of phone conversations in which Mom said she's "not even going to try anymore" in a defeated Eeyore-voice, regarding getting to the department store: 2

Number of classic holiday specials I've glanced at while flipping channels: 2

Number of movies in the theater I watched with Spencer: 1

Number of times we almost went to see "Twilight" instead of "Yes Man": 7

Number of people in the theater for the 10 p.m. showing, including us: 6

Number of Christmas carols I've sung this year: 0

Hours per day I've spent with Christmas tree lights on (past four days): 8

Number of wrapped presents under my tree: 2

Number of small glasses of eggnog I've had: 3

1 comment:

Becca Knight said...

Oh how I miss you, Alicia!