Saturday, December 11, 2010

Local Trivia: First I quit my job...

Hey, all.

You may have noticed over the last year or so of your religious reading of this blog (har har) that my posts on "my girl" quotes have been missing. This is mainly because I've only been working with the girl at the Pizza Hut, or had been until she was let go by a new manager who cleaned shop and then was subsequently cleaned out of the shop himself.

And things aren't really funny at the Pizza Hut. In fact, things haven't been really funny anywhere with my girl for awhile.

So I've done what I had intended to do when I began my M.A. at Brandeis, which is to quit working with her. Or at least I've indicated that I will not be working with her starting in 2011.

This is exciting for me, as I've been ready to quit for awhile. I'll still be working at my other direct care job, and probably still working with the other girl I work with. But it will definitely be a relief to have a break.

Plus now I can spend all my time reading again, like I used to. Perhaps 2011 will show a revival of the "book a week" goal. Or maybe I'll watch all those TV show seasons I didn't get to while I was busy the last year and a half critiquing all the TV show seasons I've already seen.

Or perhaps I'll actually start writing stuff on my blog again.

1 comment:

jenny d said...

I vote for the reading and writing more on the blog options.