Saturday, September 4, 2010

PSQ: Primary sources...

I'm in need of a whittling down of all the television shows (and possibly movies) produced since 9/11 that have some sort of detective element in them (including, say Criminal Minds, but also House), for the sake of my sanity and my capstone Cultural Production paper, which I'd like to be awesome.

I've been considering Dexter, and as such am rewatching it in the nonchalant way normal people might rewatch things -- casually, without the several episode, several day gorging I normally do "for the sake of science" -- but it would throw a bunch of interesting wrenches in my proposed thesis to focus on a show where the detective is actually also a serial killer.

I also started watching The Shield, though ditto to that one.

All suggestions are welcome. I won't bore you with the details of my thesis here, unless you request them, so I realize it's a shot in the dark, but hey -- it's all helpful in whittling.

3 comments:

Sarcinae said...

Hmm. What about Psych? Also, it's awesome.

00JB said...

Monk...Leverage...Numbers...NCIS...Cold Case...Bones...Without a Trace

Alicia said...

I LOVE Psych, actually, which is why I think I probably won't use it...though it is very tempting. I don't want to ruin the enjoyment by tearing it apart with queer theory.

On the other hand, I kind of hate Monk. He's annoying enough before Sharona leaves, and then it's just horrifying. I've never seen Leverage, though, so I'll have to look into that.