Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Local Trivia, NYC: Little dudes atop buildings


When P.C. and I went to visit friend Carl in the N.Y.C., I began noticing little dudes on top of buildings.

In fact, it was around one park in particular -- Madison Square Park -- and the dudes weren't real people, they were metal statues. Art, in other words.

It was cool seeing the guys standing up there, though, and it made me look at the tops of buildings from then on in the most stressless trip to NYC I've been on. I have a tendency to look at the tops of buildings, anyway, and it was nice to have a reason to do it.

Here are some pictures -- see if you can see the dudes standing on the tops.




4 comments:

00JB said...

That's me in the third one, contemplating moving to a more precarious perch on the water tower.

jenny d said...

Oh my goodness, these make me nervous! Don't people ever mistake them for possible jumpers?

Alicia said...

I mistook the first one for a guy standing up there, yes, though somehow I wasn't filled with anxiety at the sight.

I guess I feel that if he'd really been going to jump, the time for intervention was past.

Obsidian Kitten said...

We were staring at one on top of a building near Union Square and for a moment two girls near us thought we were looking at a potential jumper. But just for a moment.

I love these guys.