Sunday, September 27, 2009

Dreams (and teeth)

I dreamed last night that several pieces of my teeth had fallen out again, including a whole molar. I can never prevent it in my dream, and it's always the result of clenching my jaw too hard.

The funny thing is, I was psyching myself up before I went to bed last night, telling myself I could never lose my teeth in real life because I'd never let my jaw stay clenched that long. I'd pry it open with my hands, or get to an ER where they could inject me with muscle relaxer or something.

Now I wonder if the truth is that I actually clench my jaw when I'm sleeping, and if I am, whether I'm doing it hard enough to actually crack my teeth.

I was probably thinking about this because a coworker went to the ER yesterday with an infection in her jaw and had to have four teeth pulled.

I really need to get to the dentist.

No comments: