Sunday, February 27, 2011

PSA: You're such a tees.

So lately, instead of blogging, I've been obsessing over t-shirts. Not all of them are 100% white-person approved, but most of them are extremely limited-edition, and that adds on a few percents. (Wear them to farmer's markets and I'm sure you can still manage to be the right kind of white person.)

I figure I'll tell you about some of my favorites.

Hands down, I think my best discovery has been Megan Lara's Princess Peach nouveau-style shirt, which can still be purchased here, though I bought mine in a different color from teefury.com. Teefury has a new shirt every day, which then descends into the "gallery" never to return again. While that's pretty awesome, what's even awesomer is getting to see Megan create art nouveau prints of all the fave Nintendo and otherwise-geeky princesses (think Zelda and Samus, and Phoenix and Mystique) on her facebook fan page.

I also love "Wicked Mess," a shirt.woot shirt, which can also no longer be purchased, though shirt.woot keep shirts up for at least a week before they're "reckoned" off the site. (If you're interested in the inspiration for my "Poe's answering machine" post, see the "reckoning" page on shirt.woot and note how long the "Nevermore" shirt has been on the charts...as well as the Poe bird-face shirt, depending on when you read this. Apparently the "Nevermore" shirt has been selling like hotcakes for years now, every single week. I just don't see it, personally.)

I excitedly ordered three random shirts for myself from 6dollarshirts.com, which turned out to be this one, this one, and a "Sabre" logo shirt (haha -- The Office). The first two were actually identical (except in color) to the shirts I ordered as a surprise for P.C. at the same time. I also purposely ordered this one for myself, as an Arrested Development fan. (Note also the Human Centipede shirt, though if you're squeamish, please don't note it.)

And when I left for Baltimire last weekend (typo intended), I issued a challenge to P.C. -- that he purchase me a shirt that I would like, as a surprise.

P.C. being the Prince Certainpersonio that he is, he ended up getting me five. I won't link to all of them, since I don't know where most came from, and most are TV-related (since I heart TV).

But here, finally, is a shirt you can order for yourself -- for now -- and one that I think does an excellent job of being hilarious, poignant, and instantly recognizable all at once.

If only all tees were as good, designations like "white-person approved" would cease to have meaning, and we could all live in cotton-poly blended harmony.

1 comment:

Obsidian Kitten said...

I love TroLoLoLo man. Now I might have to stop ordering LOLCat shirts and convert.

Also, thanks for a thought-provoking post about CS and CSc. I am going to use 'rantics' in my everyday speech in the hopes of annyong everyone I know, until it catches on.