Sunday, February 27, 2011

Poe's answering machine, 9:30 p.m.

*Beep*

"Hey, it's Lenore. I'm calling at a time I know you're going to be out at the bar to leave this message on your home machine, because I want you to stop calling me. It's over, Ed, and if you show up at my house again, I'm going to call the cops.

I'll come by tomorrow to pick up the volumes of lore I forgot. I'd like you to put them in a box and set them outside your door if you can manage that through the drunken haze, but otherwise just leave your chamber door unlocked when you go out and I'll collect them myself.

Also, if you see Nevil, please just feed him, and I'll get him when I come by, too. He should be fine out there unless the weather's too bad, in which case you should let him in. You know how he loves perching on people's heads, though, so don't complain to me if you've got bird shit in your hair in the morning, because I'm not going to clean it up. I'm done cleaning up your messes.

Seriously, Eddie, don't call me again, and don't be at home tomorrow afternoon when I come to get my lore and pet raven. This is the last you'll hear from me.

Good-bye forever. [Mumbling] Good riddance."

*Click*