Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Web 12.0

New spam-mail from Skype:

"Adriana Sumner friended you on MySpace."

If the A.I. revolution really begins with Skype gossiping to me about what's going on in my nonexistent MySpace page using a verb I'm pretty sure is only relevant to Facebook, I think we're gonna be okay.

We'll also be guilty of having created one of the dumbest intelligences since Real Housewives came on the air, but at least it's not going to go all "Hal from 2001" on us. It will need us as fodder for gossip the way the Morlocks needed the Eloi for food, or the Matrix overlord dudes needed humans for...whatever that was.

Imagine if the cylons hadn't been able to resist gossiping aboard Battlestar Galactica. Shortest. Series. Ever. ("Who's collaborating with you guys? Gaius Baltar? What a jerk! If you bring him here to me right now I'll let you watch me send him out the airlock, and you can tell all your friends.")

No comments: